Today, we’ll look at the Xiaomi Redmi S2 Specifications and price in Kenya. In addition, you’ll also get to know the advantages and disadvantages of the mobile phone. Out of the box, the Redmi S2, runs Android 8.1 Oreo, which is one of the latest OS from Google. The smartphone comes with a display size of 5.99 inches, in addition to a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. The Xiaomi Redmi S2 has 4GB of RAM, in addition to 64GB of internal storage. Speaking of the cameras, at the back, you get dual cameras of 12 + 5 megapixels, while the selfie front facing camera is 16 megapixels. Powering this Xiaomi smartphone, is a 3080mAh battery. Which ensures that even with heavy usage, you won’t run out of charge easily. You get dual sim card support, with 4G LTE for faster download speeds and browsing.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 Specifications and Features
|Operating System||Android 8.1 Oreo|
|Sim Type||Nano Sim|
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G LTE|
DESIGN & BODY
|Colors||Black, Gray, Gold, Rose Gold|
|Dimensions||160.7 x 77.3 x 8.1 mm|
|Front Body Material||Glass|
|Back Body Material||Polycarbonate|
|Display Size||5.99 inches|
|Display Resolution||720 x 1440 pixels|
|Display Type||IPS LCD|
|Screen To Body Ratio||74.5 Percent|
|Screen Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass|
|Aspect Ratio||18 by 9|
|Always On Display||NA|
PROCESSOR & MEMORY
|CPU||Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53|
|Chipset||Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625|
|Card Slot||Micro SD|
|Maximum External Storage||256GB|
|Rear Camera||Dual 12 MP + 5 Megapixels|
|Primary Camera Features||Panorma, HDR, Autofocus, Face Detection|
|Optical Image Stabilization||NA|
|Digital Image Stabilization||Yes|
|Front Camera||16 Megapixels|
|Selfie Camera Features||Filters, Soft Flash, Face Detection|
|Audio Player||MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA|
|Video Player||MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM|
|Audio Jack||yes, 3.5mm|
|Alert Types||Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||4.2, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS|
|Ambient Light Sensor||Yes|
|2G Bands||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2|
|3G Band||HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100|
|4G Bands||LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)|
|General Packet Radio Service (GPRS)|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Removable Battery||Non Removable|
|Music Play Time||NA|
|Battery Saver||Yes, Inbuilt/ User Activated|
Xiaomi Redmi S2 Smartphone Advantages:
This mobile phone comes with many pros. They include:
- You get Android 8.1 Oreo. With this operating system, you get many improvements that include performance, battery usage, security updates and user interface tweaks. Memory optimizations is one of the strongest advantages in this device.
- The mobile phone supports dual sim cards. Therefore, this leads to cost savings. You can use two operators, and save money when it comes to call rates, data and money transfer.
- You get 4G LTE support. What this means is that you’ll have faster download speeds, in addition to browsing speeds.
- Another main advantage of this Xiaomi mobile, is the price. At around 16K, this smartphone, is packed with decent features that honestly, should cost twice as much.
- When it comes to the color options, you can choose from 4 different colors. These include black, gray, gold and rose gold. Therefore, you can select the mobile phone color that best suits your style and personality.
- Speaking of the design, this phone is among the best. From the curves to the screen. You get a glass front with a polycarbonate body.
- The S2 by Xiaomi has a thickness of 8.1mm. This further enhances the sleekness of this device.
- At 170 grams, the weight feels premium, not like many plastic phones that weigh less.
- The Xiaomi Redmi S2, comes with a screen size of 5.99 inches. This screen size is perfect for watching movies and videos. In addition, you can easily and comfortably use apps on this mobile phone.
- As far as the resolution goes, you get 720 x 1440 pixels. The screen is vivid, has a high contrast ratio and high color reproduction.
- At an aspect ratio of 18:9, this phone has a screen to body ratio of 74.5 percent. Therefore, the front of the device has more screen compared to traditional handsets.
- Protecting the display, is corning Gorilla Glass. This ensures that, the mobile phone is protected, against minor falls. Also, the screen wont easily scratch from normal usage.
- Performance wise, the Xiaomi Redmi S2, has an octa core processor. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor is clocked at 2.0Ghz. This ensures that you get very good performance when running apps. Generally, apps will launch faster, and run more smoothly.
- For games, you get an Adreno 506GPU. With that, games run at a higher frame rate in addition to being more intuitive.
- Multi tasking is handled by 4GB of RAM. This amount of ram can run several applications at the same time, without lags, crashes, relaunches and slowdowns. Switching between apps is seamless.
- Speaking of the storage capacity, the Redmi S2, out of the box, comes with 64GB. Now, this capacity can give you lots of freedom. You can install several large applications, have thousand of music files and videos on the mobile phone. You’ll definitely like this storage capacity if you take many photos and videos.
- The storage capacity of the mobile phone can also be increased using a memory card. The Xiaomi smartphone supports a maximum of 256GB expansion memory card.
- The cameras of this device is also a feature you can look forward to. At the back, you get a dual camera setup. This is 12 and 5 megapixels. You get features such as panorama, autofocus, face detection, HDR and touch to focus. All these, will help you take photos of professional quality.
- You also get an LED flash at the back. Therefore, quite easily, you can take better snaps, even in low light conditions.
- For the selfie camera, this secondary camera is 16 megapixels. You get features such as filters and face detection among others.
- At the back, you’ll also get a fingerprint scanner.
- Powering the Xiaomi Redmi S2, is a 3080mAh battery. It is non-removable. With this capacity, even if you use it heavily, it can still last a full day. You get hours of talk time and days of standby time.
- The mobile phone also comes with built in battery saving features that ensures that you get more hours of life while using the smartphone.